Planning Weekly Conference Calls

Planning a weekly conference call can be the added, consistent structure and organization that your company is looking for. It is very easy to get caught up in the tunnel vision of our individual to-do lists, agendas, and job descriptions. Consistent, weekly conference calls are important. These conference calls can provide the ability to step back from the mundane tasks to communicate and use proper planning to delegate and operate accordingly.An economist from back in the day named Vilfredo Pareto observed the Italian people and came up with what is now called the Pareto Principle, or the 80-20 rule. This rule states that 80% of the results we achieve are born of 20% of the energy put out. So, what is created with the other 80% of our actions? For most people this 80% is basically inefficient time spent. By cutting out wasted time we can produce more and/or enjoy more. We can learn to see negative trends and replace this 80% of mental noise and “time fillers” with either productivity, or the fruit of productivity, which… to me is happiness. Vilfredo Pareto and his 80-20 rule provide much food for thought. Great questions to ask yourself:

  • What activities take up most of my weekly time?
  • How can I outsource, streamline, or automate these tasks that take up most of my time?
  • What are the actions in my daily routine that create the most results?
  • What activities take the most time, and produce the least?
  • If I could increase my weekly free time by 50%, what would I do with it?

Weekly conference calls can be a great tool to touch bases with your employees and help answer the questions above. Conference calls can help us step back, create some space and get a more holistic overview of activities. Proper communication is essential to find out what is working and what is not. Where do we spend more time, where do we cut our losses? Find this out with proper planning and solid communication, via weekly conference calls : ) If you enjoyed this post on planning weekly conference calls please share it with your colleagues and/or friends.

Author-ThumbnailAbout the Author: Eric Carter is on the Conference Calls Unlimited marketing team. Along with this blog they are using Youtube, twitter and facebook to help get you great information about conference calls.